What is SEO or website optimization?
SEO (Search engine optimization) is a method by which specialists called "SEO optimizers" following the recommendations of Google guidelines to improve the ranking of your website in organic search.
Why do we need SEO?
Imagine you have a great physical store. Your products are high quality and competitively priced, but the store is located in a small neighbourhood or on the back of a crowded building. You will certainly have difficulties finding customers. It's the same with an eCommerce store or a company website, no one will visit it if you don't have an advertising strategy and don't invest in internet marketing. This is where SEO optimization comes to the rescue. The job of an SEO agency is to show your website to people looking for a product or service, to check the quality of the content and which landing pages will be appropriate for the relevant keywords/phrases.
What is organic traffic and how is it linked to SEO?
Another strength of SEO is targeted organic traffic, which is undoubtedly an extremely valuable marketing channel. The daily searches for various keywords/phrases on Google are over 3.5 billion! Who wouldn't want to have a very small fraction of this traffic on their site? This is the main advantage that makes site optimization a much sought after service worldwide. The sites that are in the top 10 results and the highest quality content usually get almost all traffic and customers.
What are the stages of SEO optimization?
If you already have a website, our job is to do a full technical audit. To find the weaknesses during the development of the site, and to give guidelines to the developers or to eliminate them ourselves.
On-Page SEO includes:
- Proper selection of titles and descriptions of pages and products;
- Proper use of headings (H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, H6);
- Content Marketing and saturation with relevant keywords;
- Code improvement, adding caching modules, compression modules;
- Image optimization, adding alt/title tags;
- Error analysis (4xx, 5xx) and their elimination;
- Adding internal links;
- Configuration and submission of XML sitemap to the main search engines (Google, Bing, Yandex);
- Add robots.txt and optimize it;
- Removal/correction of duplicate content, which may be crucial for the ranking of internal pages;
- Check for proper redirection of the www version of the website.
- If possible, add Structured data markup (Microdata) or write JSON code for landing pages;
- Analysis of the defined keywords for the volume of monthly searches, difficulty in the ranking, long-tail keywords, and others.
Off-page SEO includes:
- Extraction, review, and analysis of existing inbound links;
- Create and upload a Google Disavow file (only if we find malicious links that we think would harm your site);
- Adding the website to relevant and relevant sites;
- Creating a Social Shield (multiple profiles on popular social networks and sharing content from the site);
- Creating Trust Flow profiles with good DR (Domain Rating);
- Creating or claiming a Google My Business page;
- View the inbound links of the competition and, if possible, add links to your site;
- Tracking the latest trends and updates of Google and, if necessary, changes in the overall SEO strategy